Monday, March 1, 2010

First ever road cycle race- done, dusted and medal received

On saturday a few of us all went up to do the Wilde race in Wellington. With promises of 40 degree weather and 56kms of hills, cycling tights, hard seats and tempting wine farms all around I was sure this would be a abit of a baptism of fire.

I woke up at 4:30 to make my way across and was feeling really pumped and excited for the race- and what a race it was. Cycling through that area just makes you appreciate what a beautiful country we live. Watching the sun rise over the mountains with the fresh air blowing in your face and the smells of wine and dairy farms greeting you in the early morning- it really makes you feel alive!

With not too much of an idea of what time I would like to finish the race in I set a time of 3 hours- my rationale being that I would like to finish the Argus in 6 hours and being that it was half the distance that 3 hours sounded good. So off I set, not too sure what I was getting myself in to. 2 hours and 10 minutes later I crossed the finished line feeling great and a lot more confident and excited for the impending race day.

All in all it was an amazing day out with some great friends- a few new ones, sleepy eyes and tired legs, my first ever biker tan and my first cycling medal to start off my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment