Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mission Accomplished...

I can proudly let you all know that at around 3:30 on Sunday I crossed the finish line of the Pick n Pay Argus Cycle Tour 2010...and what an amazing feeling! There were certainly times in the race where i begun questioning my decision to do the race with little to no training- Simons Town was tough, Noordhoek/Kommetjie was draining and having to be forced to physically peddle down hills due to such a strong wind facing you head-on was quite demoralizing. BUT the high of competing something like this was worth any hassle, aching muscles or exceptionally sore bums! Crossing that finishing line and knowing that you have personally achieved one of your goals as well as doing your small part to raise awareness and funds for an important cause was an amazing feeling. One of the memories that will stay with me most is the support achieved along the way. People turning out in their thousands to come and support the riders- seemingly happily cheering and clapping on all 35 000 riders throughout the day- incredible! Special mention must be made to all the Sunflower Fund ladies who were out in force, spectators who would give an extra cheer seeing the Sunflower colours and of course my Ama Jup Jup racers and supporters who did an amazing job! After all the excitement and high I am now looking for my next challenge! I have just signed up for the Knysna marathon but what next....?

On a side note I got told about an amazing website and competition they had running for a nights stay at the Le Quartier Francais with all the bells and whistles. Go check out kimgray.co.za and enter...I have entered myself as there is no better way to recover and rejuvenate the sore muscles than with a relaxing weekend in the peace and beauty of the Franschhoek valley. Holding thumbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment